You may submit comments and other content to certain sections of our sites provided you do so in accordance with the Posting Guidelines below. However, you may not submit comments or content if you are under the age of 13. By submitting content to any of our sites, you represent that you are age 13 or over.
Here are our “must follow” guidelines for participation to encourage civil discourse:
1) No personal attacks, name-calling or threats against other users or individuals; no libelous, harassing or abusive statements; no submission of personal information or likenesses of other persons without their consent; no stalking.
2) No cheering or advocating harm to or violence against a person or people, except in some criminal or military cases.
3) No disparaging comments about a victim or victim's family in a tragedy.
4) No attacks on individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity or other intrinsic characteristics. Note: Political parties or organizations or political activism groups are NOT covered by this rule.
5) No content that is obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit. This includes masked words (****), intentional misspellings, acronyms and abbreviations.
6) No commercial product promotions or off-topic messages; no spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or fraudulent or deceptive messages; no false claims of affiliation with any third party.
7) NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS.
8) No entries longer than 1,500 characters.
• Usernames are governed by the same standards as other content submissions.
• Editors will still have the final say in interpreting these rules.
We ask that you stand behind the content you submit:
• You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, in all content that you submit to our sites, and that you have secured all third party consents, licenses, waivers and permissions necessary to submit such content.
• You represent and warrant that the content submitted by you will not infringe upon or misappropriate any rights of others, including, without limitation, any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights or any other proprietary rights of third parties, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
• YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THESE POSTING GUIDELINES.
Our take-down policy:
We have the right (but not the obligation) to review any content that you have submitted to our sites, and to reject, delete, disable, or remove any content that we determine, in our sole discretion, (a) does not comply with these Posting Guidelines; (b) might violate any law, infringe upon any rights of third parties, or subject us to liability for any reason; (c) might adversely affect our public image, reputation or goodwill; or (d) should be taken down for any other reason.
If you believe that any Content on any of the Sites infringes upon any copyrights that you own, please contact us pursuant to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Title 17 U.S.C. § 512) at the following address:
150 W. Brambleton Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
How you can help ensure that conversations remain civil and in good taste:
• You will have the ability to report (or flag) comments that you believe violate the guidelines.
• We will review those flagged comments and take the appropriate action: If editors determine that a flagged post does violate the rules, the comment will be deleted and the offender may lose his or her right to post.