Old Point Comfort Lighthouse is the second oldest on the Bay. Built of sandstone in 1802, the lighthouse stands 54 feet tall and is octagonal in structure. During the War of 1812, it was used as a watch tower and was riddled with naval gun bullets during the Civil War. It is operated and maintained by the U.S. Coast Guard and is not open to the public. But it can be viewed from the street.
Old Point Comfort Lighthouse