10702 Jefferson Ave.
Newport News, VA 23601
Inspection Date: January 26, 2011
Inspection Type: Routine
Critical Violations: 0
Noncritical Violations: 4
Violation Code: 0550
- Found Ice Cream Scoop(s) improperly stored between uses. There was no Dipper Well nor were the scoops stored in a manner that would allow them to be cleaned and sanitized at an adequate frequency.
- Store the scoops in one of the following manners: 1) In the Ice Cream with their handles above the top of the Ice Cream and the container. 2) On a clean portion of a food contact surface only if the scoops and the food-contact surface are cleaned and sanitized every 4 hours. 3) In a Dipper Well with running water of sufficient velocity to flush particulates to the drain. 4) In a container of water if the water is maintained at a temperature of at least 135 degrees F.
Violation Code: 0650
- The ice cream inside the Ice Cream display unit was not protected from contamination should customers stand to the side of the unit.
- Protect the ice cream on display by the use of a sneezeguard or other effective means to prevent contamination.
Violation Code: 2010
- Found single-service or single-use items stored underneath the hand sink.
- Relocate single-use items to an area where they won't be subjected to contamination.
Violation Code: 2930
- Found mice droppings inside W-in Cooler and on shelves of dry storage area. Rodent entry points noted underneath door of W-in Cooler as well as underneath the back exit door of establishment.
- Clean up mice droppings (clean and sanitize shelving areas where droppings were found). Protect the food establishment against the entry of rodents by rodentproofing all rodent entry points.
Food Permit issued today. Will return to check on mice activity in 30 days. PIC is to indicate that Ice Cream Cones on display on top of Ice Cream unit are only for display purposes.
The information in this database comes from the restaurant inspection Web site of the Virginia Department of Health.